We’re a growth-oriented, medium-sized marine construction company looking for an addition to our tight-knit team who will provide support to jobsite management, PMs and engineers. The Assistant Superintendent position is for someone interested in learning and growing in the field-side of the construction industry. This entry-level job has significant opportunity to evolve into a variety of roles in field-side management or other aspects of our diverse company. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, organized and detail oriented, with a “do whatever it takes” attitude that matches ours.
You will frequently travel between our jobsites in Northern NJ, the Five Boroughs, and on Long Island. This job is primarily a field position and will require time spent outdoors during all seasons. Specific responsibilities include:
- Run errands to pick-up tools and materials from various suppliers.
- Pick up daily reports and sign-in sheets from different jobsites, review them for accuracy, and deliver to the office.
- Transfer small equipment between jobsites.
- Proactively communicate with and assist several project managers and superintendents on a daily basis.
- Prioritize multiple, concurrent requests and manage time efficiently.
We’re looking for a responsible, self-motivated, and detailed oriented team member that is interested in doing more than just a job description.
- Strong desire to build your career in the construction industry.
- Follow through on tasks with attention to detail until completion, without constant oversight.
- Willing to seek advice and assistance from colleagues to arrive at the best solution by considering multiple perspectives.
- Must be a good culture fit. The best fits will be assertive, analytical and organized with an open-mind and a positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable using and learning new technologies. Various technology will be used in daily routines of the workday to make company-wide communications and organization more efficient.
- Must enjoy learning and innovating. We’re always open to new methods and techniques that help improve our business.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- 401k with 100% company match
- Flexible PTO
- Company vehicle
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.